The Part 2 NBEO® exam is approaching fast and we know you are hard at work going through the KMK Part 2 textbook, videos, flashcards, Precise Practice®, TMOD exam, and most importantly, the newly added Full Cases, Mini Cases, and TMOD cases on the Part 2 KMK online course. But how do you know if all of the material you’ve studied is really solid in your mind? How do you know whether you are truly ready for the exam?
Last year, the KMK Crash Course® Part 1 was the #1 add-on upgrade used by students to get EXAM-READY. The new video format emphasized questions on the most critical concepts for boards and helped students drill down the knowledge one last time prior to the exam. KMK values the input of optometry students – we know how helpful the KMK Crash Course® Part 1 has been for students, so we are proud to introduce the new KMK Crash Course® Part 2! Learn More >
We approached the development of the KMK Crash Course® Part 2 similar to the development of the Part 1 Crash Course® to help students hone in the most important conditions and concepts for the Part 2 NBEO® exam. Here are the 4 factors we considered when developing the KMK Crash Course® Part 2:
1. Knowledge of foundational material doesn’t always translate to correctly diagnosing and managing ocular disease. Some students spend hours and hours studying for Part 2 using as many resources as they can find. They understand the material and they look at as many pictures of eye conditions as possible, but they are easily tricked when the material and images are presented in a more difficult case format. The KMK Crash Course® Part 2 video series was created to help students learn how to quickly hone in on the most important points within a case and the key findings on images for the most common ocular conditions. Understanding which facts and findings are most important helps students confidently tackle the more difficult diagnostic and treatment questions.
2. Ideally, the last month of preparation for Part 2 should be focused entirely on cases. We know that students love to go through practice cases and TMOD questions and the last month leading up to boards is the crucial time for this style of preparation. It’s time to move on from the flashcards, the videos, and reading the textbook. This last month is crunch time – it’s all about gearing up for the actual Part 2 exam. The KMK Crash Course® Part 2 rapidly moves through cases with images to help you get exam ready.
3. Not all cases are created equal. Simply going through a series of cases one by one doesn’t guarantee a passing score on the Part 2 exam. To develop the Part 2 Crash Course®, we went through every single page of the KMK Part 2 textbook to select the most clinically relevant conditions within ocular disease and the most critical concepts within optics, and we wrote brand new cases with all new questions to highlight the most high-yield material. The KMK Crash Course® Part 2 video course includes 630+ new questions from the most critical areas on the Part 2 NBEO® exam matrix. We also understand how intimidating TMOD questions can be for many students. Even though TMOD questions are found in every single ocular disease case, most students don’t know which types of questions are considered TMOD or incorrectly assume TMOD questions are only about treatment and management. We’ve written 350+ new TMOD questions that are highlighted within every single ocular disease case so you know what types of questions will make up the TMOD component of the Part 2 NBEO® exam.
4. We know you are anxious and stressed. Students tell us every year how tired they are of studying and how anxious they are in the last few weeks leading up to boards. We remember what it was like to be in your shoes and we want to do everything we can to help reduce your stress and boost your confidence as you walk into the exam. By drilling down the most important ocular disease conditions and optics concepts with concise cases and images, we can cover everything one more time with unique questions that show how you could be asked about a concept on the exam.
We know you are busy with broad preparation, externships, and finding the right practice opportunity after graduation. The KMK Crash Course® Part 2 is designed to save you time by highlighting the most important conditions in a rapid case presentation format for efficient last-minute review. We know students will have many questions about the new Part 2 Crash Course®, so here is a quick summary:
1. How many hours of video and how many new questions are there? 10+ hours of online HD videos with 650+ new questions, including 350+ new TMOD questions, that cover 172 key conditions and optics concepts and 160+ images.
2. Are the new videos different from the current videos? YES – they are 100% different! The KMK Crash Course® Part 2 on-demand videos present rapid fire cases with images to teach students how to attack different types of questions in the most critical sections on boards.
3. When can I view the videos? Immediately! Simply load your upgrade and watch On-Demand. View Sample Clips >
4. When do I start? Whenever you want. If you start on November 27th, you can watch 2 hours of video per day and be set prior to boards.
The KMK Crash Course® Part 2 is included with KMK Educational Services’ fastest-growing course, KMK Signature®. The KMK Crash Course® Part 2 can be added to any plan with a simple upgrade. Learn More or Upgrade Now