It’s that time of the year again – you’re busy seeing patients in your clinical externships, searching for residency or job opportunities, and now it’s time to hit the books to study for the Part 2 NBEO® exam. We understand how busy life is for you right now with balancing externships, the job search, and studying simultaneously during the fall.
So, in this post we wanted to make your life easier by sharing our 5-step study process for dominating Part 2. The first step is actually step 0, and that is…purchase the KMK Optometry Part 2 online course and request to follow the KMK Image Gallery powered by Instagram®!
The entire 5 step process is available in downloadable format in the new KMK Smart Performance® Dashboard [Part 2].
The KMK Optometry Part 2 online course now includes all of the following:
- New, most advanced ever, KMK Optometry Part 2, 7th edition textbook!
- New 20+ hours of HD video – 7 different instructors from across the nation!
- New Full Cases and Mini Cases – includes 1,500+ new practice questions
- New 1,000+ flashcards- covers all 16 subject areas on Part 2 exam
- New TMOD® section – TMOD comprises up to 33% of boards questions.
- New Image Gallery – powered by Instagram®, includes 350+ critical conditions on boards!
5 STEPS TO DOMINATE PART 2
Step 1 = Start with the KMK Big 8®. Finish all subjects in this heading by October 1st
- Tip: Similar to Part 1, “just push play” and the instructors will guide you through the BIG 8®.
Step 2 = Dominate the KMK Non-Big 8® by November 1st.
- Tip: As you watch the online videos, just make notes in your book (similar to Part 1).
Step 3 = Finish Levels 1 and 2 in the Full Cases and Mini Cases by November 1st.
- Tip: If you are feeling like an All-Star, jump into Precise Practice® for Ocular Anatomy, Ocular Physiology, Ocular Disease, and Optics first, and dominate Level 1 in all sections by November 1st.
Step 4 = Save last 4 weeks of studying for Steps 4 & 5. Step 4 goal: Finish TMOD® module.
- Tip: TMOD® is HUGE for boards – includes up to 33% of your questions! You will love this section because we have an entire area of the course devoted to TMOD®.
Step 5 = Finish Levels 2 and 3 of Precise Practice®, Level 3 in Full Cases, and Level 3 in Mini Cases. This 5-step plan allows you to finish your review with practice questions, practice questions, practice questions. KMK has the most questions in the industry! Notice how we saved the most difficult questions in Step 5 for the last few weeks of studying.
- Tip: Get on Instagram and follow KMK Image Gallery to help you review 350+ of the most critical conditions on boards.
You got this! 5 steps that you can crush, one step at a time. Passing Part 2 is not easy. It takes hard work, commitment, and dedication to a gameplan. But we know you are smart and can pass this test easily on the first try with the correct approach.
The best part about Part 2 is that every aspect of the exam covers conditions that are relevant to your career (no more biochemistry baby)! So jump in and dominate each step with the mindset of becoming an incredible OD for your future patients.